Monday, December 28, 2015

It's Coming . . .


It's coming . . . only a few days and it will be here.


A new year.


Like turning to a blank page in my composition book called "Life," I will turn to the beginning of a new year.


Already I'm thinking about things I want to:
  • do differenlty
  • improve upon
  • change
  • be more intentional about


People I want to:
  • spend more time with
  • help more
  • get to know better
  • be there for

But there's one thing that wants to hold me back . . .


The past . . . for I've tried before but haven't always had success.


So what will be different about this year?


"I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies BEHIND me and REACHING FORWARD to what lies ahead," (Phil 3:13 NASB).


What lies behind you that keeps you from reaching forward? 


Let's begin this year pressing "on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus," (Phil 3:14 NASB). As we press in towards Jesus, He will be the One who helps us accomplish the things we want to accomplish in the new year and help us move beyond the regrets of the past.



And as we reach towards Him,

He will be faithful to take our hand!





Photos courtesy of morguefile, caprisco and Penywise.

No comments:

Post a Comment