Thursday, August 10, 2017

Rescued . . . A New Beginning

Her name is Gracie.

She was rescued.

Rescued from what?

Being hit by a car on a busy street in a North Carolina town. We don't know the entire story of why she was running after a car, but a friend stopped and opened her car door and this frighten dog jumped into the car and into her arms.

A week later my husband and I made the five hour trip to rescue her once again. We rescued her from being passed around from home to home and possibly sent to a shelter and made her apart of our family.

She is already loved  . . . a lot!

We are getting to know each other, my husband and me and this animal who seems to be healthy, well-behaved, and smart. She sits on command, understands the definition of no, and loves to cuddle. It doesn't matter where we are in the house, she has to be with at least one of us at all times.

We have only had her for two days, but already she feels like she has always been apart of our family. I can't explain it, but it's like she was meant to be ours. What a joy it is to open our home and our hearts and envelop this sweet little one with love, peace, and stability.

As I watch her play, sleep, and adjust to her new home I can't help but think about another rescue.

My name is Beth.

I was rescued.

Rescued from what?

Being hit by life and believing the lie that I could manage life without the Lord. I don't know the entire story of why I was trying to do things my way and on my own, but a friend stopped, opened His arms and I jumped right into them.

Are you trying to manage on your own? Are you trying to make decisions, find your way, or work through problems on your own? We all have a friend who is waiting with open arms to rescue us from this hectic life. He wants us to accept His invitation of help and allow Him to envelop us with His love, peace, and stability.

I believe Gracie gave us her heart yesterday.

I know I gave my heart to Jesus Christ years ago.

And I know I'm loved a lot. 

Grace, God's grace . . . Gracie story is this truth lived out right before me.

Won't you allow God's love to rescue you? His Son, Jesus, is waiting for you to accept His gift of eternal life today. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life," John 3:16.

Go ahead, let yourself be rescued.

You are already loved . . . a lot!






No comments:

Post a Comment