Thursday, February 7, 2013

What Does Your Day Look Like?

What does your day look like? I ask myself this question when I wake up. What do I have to do today? What will I have to face today? What do I need to get accomplished today? And the ever so popular one . . . Will I GET through today?

No matter what it is you and I have to do, or face today, we have a source in which to go to for assistance. For the Word says "God is able to BLESS you abundantly, so that in ALL things at ALL times, having ALL that you need, you will abound in EVERY good work." (2 Cor. 9:8 NIV).




As we venture out into our day, we need to remember what God's Word says to us:

God is able to BLESS us abundantly. Not just a little, not just to get us by, but ABUNDANTLY. And abundant means "more than enough." God is able to bless us MORE than enough today.

So that in ALL things we do or face today and at ALL times throughout the day . . . we will have ALL we need! I don't know about you, but I have many needs throughout the day:



  • patience
  • strength - mental and physical
  • love
  • faith
  • wisdom
  • direction
  • knowledge
  • and sometimes an absolute miracle!


I have to remind myself that I have ALL I need!

Last, but certainly not least, we will abound in every good work. The Holman Christian Standard Bible says "you may EXCEL in every good work."

What will we have to do or face today? I don't know but I DO know that God is able to bless us with everything we need so we can excel in all that we do.

Have a great day!








images from office microsoft.com

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Beth!

    I especially appreciated the line "I have to remind myself that I have ALL I need!"

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy . . . It's something I continually have to remind myself :)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete