Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Waves of Praise

"Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:

Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?

Who determined its measurements?

Who stretched the line upon it? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together . . .

Who shut the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, when I made clouds its garments and thick darkness its swaddling band . . .

And prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors and said Thus far shall you come, and no farther,

And here shall your proud waves be stayed?"
(From Job 38).



My God is awesome!

Not only does He tell the waves in the ocean how far they shall come on the shore, He:

  • Commands the mornings to begin.
  • Makes channels for the rain and a way for the thunderbolt.
  • Makes the ground sprout with grass.
  • Is the father of rain and drops of dew.
  • Even puts wisdom in us and gives understanding to our minds.

My God is awesome, and I give Him all the praise for He is my everything.




"Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for His name alone is exalted;
His majesty is above earth and heaven" (Psa. 148:13). ESV



photo courtesy of morguefile.com



6 comments:

  1. He is indeed worthy of our praise! My favorite is "the father of rain and drops of dew." I never thought about it like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I love that line also. With all the rain we are having in my area right now, it was also appropriate :)

      Blessings~

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Beth.

    Blessings ~ Danie Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danie.
      Appreciate you visiting with me.
      Blessings on you too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Beth! I love praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love praising God with you too my friend.
      Thanks!

      Delete