Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Who determined its measurements?
Who stretched the line upon it? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together . . .
Who shut the sea with doors when it burst out from the womb, when I made clouds its garments and thick darkness its swaddling band . . .
And prescribed limits for it and set bars and doors and said Thus far shall you come, and no farther,
And here shall your proud waves be stayed?"
(From Job 38).
My God is awesome!
Not only does He tell the waves in the ocean how far they shall come on the shore, He:
- Commands the mornings to begin.
- Makes channels for the rain and a way for the thunderbolt.
- Makes the ground sprout with grass.
- Is the father of rain and drops of dew.
- Even puts wisdom in us and gives understanding to our minds.
My God is awesome, and I give Him all the praise for He is my everything.
"Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for His name alone is exalted;
His majesty is above earth and heaven" (Psa. 148:13). ESV
photo courtesy of morguefile.com